Monday, January 26, 2009

And the award goes to...

I am in a giving mood. And thanks to Diane from Diane's Addled Ramblings, I actually have something worthy to pass on to some friends.

Midway through a day of teaching, I received an email from Diane telling me that she had given me my first blogger award. It's an award that I was honored to get from someone who I would definitely call a friend.

She gave her reasons for giving me the award in a post today by saying, "He's funny. He's cool. I just like him." Smart woman. She really does know me.

Thank you, Diane. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness and the time you spend reading my blog. Just so you know, you are way cooler than I am.

So, on a day that I received my first award, I will reciprocate by passing the award on to others.

The envelop please:

Slapdash Thinking - If Diane thinks I am funny, she needs to check out Slapdash. The posts "I'm Sure I am Not the Only One" and "How I know when the "Force" is with me." are must reads and will bring you back for more. After reading my post on drinking too many shooters, she commented, "someone you might know may have had a similar shooters experience..." She is too cool.

daily momsense - A single mother who gives restaurant reviews and has a way of saying so much with so few words. My favorite post I have seen so far is simply a picture of a glass of wine with a box of hair color next to it. On top of the picture is the question, "Was this a good combination?" It would have made a great next post if it wasn't, however, it turned out to be a success after all.

Violet in the Middle - Anyone who likes the Mayfair Witch series by Anne Rice as much as I do deserves an award. So, here is your second award in the last two weeks Violet!

Thank you Diane for the award and letting me pass it on to others. And to everyone who commented on the email I received yesterday, thank you for the encouraging words and helping me realize what is really important.



Friends Award

10 comments:

  1. Who the hell is this Linda person?! Geez. I'm going to have to change the 'he's cool' part... clearly. And I also have to teach you how to do a link. Lordy, lordy, these new bloggers... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh... you caught it! But I was quicker ;) OK, you're cool again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so everyone knows... I caught the mistake before reading Diane's comments. Please tell me how to link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just sent you an email with link instructions. 'Cause I'm nice that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, my first award! As soon as I figure out how to get it on my page (newbie blogger here too lol) it is sooo up there! Thank you so very much, you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I actually gave you an award too a couple days ago! It slipped my mind until I saw this post that I didn't even tell you!! Sorry!!

    And congrats on your first bloggy award. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Instructions on how to link? Don't you just copy and paste?
    Don't eat the glue Coach! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! An award!!! Thanks Coachdad!!

    Wow that was a lot of exclamation points. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They need to get you a cooler looking award.

    ReplyDelete